Translate

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Garden Update

I noticed the garlic is beginning to form scapes. I planted lots of garlic last September, the easiest of anything to grow. They're ready to pull out of the ground after the tall leaves begin to turn brown, usually in July. Before that, the scapes can be used in cooking.


Then I noticed the first peas in the garden! There are enough to pick to saute for dinner tonite.


I've never been a great fan of peonies. My memories are of picking them from my Mom's garden, bringing them into the dining room, then finding ants crawling all over the table! Ugh. But I am reconsidering peonies, especially after seeing the spectacular displays at the Shelburne Museum each year. So I conceded and decided to start my own peony garden ~ one plant.  I must say I am impressed with the first two blossoms. Guess I will have to add to the collection. Here's the debut of the peony in our garden.


No comments: