Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

My First Acrylic Abstract Painting

My paint brushes are sitting in a corner, and they have been staring at me for months. Today I decided to put them to use. I looked at a youtube video about abstract painting techniques. It looked so easy, so I thought I'd try it.

1. Place painter's tape over the canvas.


2. Drop acrylic paint inside the different sections. Use the brush to dab and blend the colors together.


3. Remove the tape, There's the abstract painting.

HOWEVER, I did not like the finished product. So I added step 4.

4. Fill in the unpainted canvas with paint, dabbing and blending. 

And there it is! 

"Acrylic Abstract Number One"

(I invite you to check out my newest blog: Resolutions.
Thank you!)

1 comment:

L said...

Beautiful! Now all you have to do is find a title!
I saw an image of God's power in your art - his joyful beauty in the colors and his fearful power when creating the earth or dealing with evil!
It reminded me of how I felt the last time we visited Niagara Falls. The beauty and power of all that water! God is just like that - essential for life (like water is) and yet a fearsome power that must be respected!