Translate

Monday, April 18, 2022

How to Grow a Coleus Garden

Last year I planted a Coleus. To my amazement, it thrived and became a huge, very attractive plant. I decided I wanted a whole garden of coleus.

This past winter I started Coleus plants in an aerogarden. Coleus seeds come pre-planted in pods that are placed in the aerogarden container filled with water. A grow light is on a timer. Just keep the container filled with water and watch the plants grow.


This becomes...

This!

Here one of the plants is flowering and going to seed. (Behind it is dill I am growing in the same Aerogarden.)


When the plants are fully grown, (reluctantly - because they are so pretty) I cut them down to root the stems in water. I will continue clipping them and rooting them so I will have many plants.

All my new plants that have grown roots in the water will go into my new Coleus garden. Hopefully they will be as beautiful as the one plant I had last year.

I invite you to read my newest blog Resolutions. Thank you for following. 

Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

L said...

Wow! That's awesome! You have such a green thumb!

Shirl said...

Today I planted the cuttings that now have roots. I planted them in small pots and even a few paper cups. When it's a little warmer, they'll be ready to go into the garden. This has been a fun project. Coleus is easy to grow.