Translate

Friday, March 05, 2021

Pecan Dreams

The annual Christmas Cookie Exchange did not take place this past year. So I never did get around to making our Christmas cookies. Truth be told, I really do not like baking cookies. So a Friday in Lent is a good a time as any.

I found my Mom's Pecan Dreams recipe. I had all the ingredients so these were the ones I made. She was famous for them. They used to arrive for us here in Vermont in the mail from Wisconsin. Sometimes she made them while she was here. I am so glad I have her recipe.

As I mixed the cookie dough, I was surprised how easy and quickly they came together. I ended up with about 48. 

twelve crescent shaped cookies with powdered sugar on an oblong dish on a poinsetta tablecloth

MARION'S PECAN DREAMS

1/2 pound butter 
4 heaping Tablespoons of powdered sugar
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons water

Mix together like pie crust. Make dough into a roll. Cut to desired length and shape into crescents. Bake for ½ hr, 275 – 300 degrees. When warm from the oven, roll in powdered sugar.

(Mine were in a 280 degree oven for about 35 minutes. I'd suggest a 300 degree temp for 1/2 hour. I let them cool very slightly, then sprinkled them with powdered sugar.)

These were so easy to make - why did I wait so long? 

No comments: