Translate

Monday, March 08, 2021

Inspired by A. P.

I am of Polish parents.
I am of paper dolls, of pretty dresses, and playground games.
I am of hopscotch on pavement and popsicles for nickles.
I am of parties on birthdays and presents from playmates.
I am of picnics at Petrifying Springs.
I am of Pachisi and Pinochle and Poker for pennies.
I am of popcorn and paperbag lunches, peanut butter with mayo.
I am of pony tails, and perms, pixie cuts, and Prell.
I am of basketball practices and music lessons, as well.
I am of prayer, of purpose, and of perseverance.
I am of partnering in marriage and parenting kids.
I am of grandparenting "little presidents" bigger each day.
I am of pizza and pineapple, of puzzles and painting.
I am of pen and paper, photography, poems, and Packers.
I am of petting beagle Pupcake.
I am of promises and plans for the days ahead.
I am of people I meet.
I am of hope for the best is yet to come.

No comments: