Translate

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Today's Project

Branch Out Burlington, a non-profit promoting tree planting in our area, had a tree sale. I picked up two of them ~ a flowering white Hawthorne and a pink Adam ~ to replace two that we lost this past year. Getting the trees loaded into the Forester was the easy part. Digging into the still mucky clay in the yard was the challenge.

Without Addie's help, I couldn't do it by myself. The trees do not look like much now, but I have high hopes that they will grow well.


Here are a few photos of some flowers in bloom right now. I love the color of this parrot tulip.


These white tulips start out white, then gradually turn purple. AND they are called "Shirley Tulips."


The flowers on this tree seemed to have opened overnight. They are attracting bees and butterflies.


Someday I hope to see our two new trees flowering just like this!

No comments: