Translate

Thursday, January 07, 2010

They Arrived Today

Two of my Christmas presents from Geo arrived today. Each year at least one of his presents to me is culinary-related. This year I’ve received subscriptions to Cooking Light and Cook’s Illustrated.

I can’t help but think that these are actually gifts for him. He knows I’ll use these gifts and he reaps the benefits. On the bright side, he knows my interests and finds something that I will really enjoy and use. Guaranteed, he does his research and gives the best.

Last month’s Cook’s Illustrated featured an article about cinnamon. So I ended up throwing out what I had in the cabinet and ordered the highest rated, a Vietnamese extra fancy cinnamon from Penzeys Spices in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. I love Penzeys, and I recommend their Ethnic Milwaukee collection of spices and herbs for pasta, meat and fish - basics for culinary creativity.

Okay, I’ll admit I bought Geo a gift of a Belgian waffle maker. And I’M the one who’s enjoying the waffles (with a dash of Penzeys cinnamon)!

This year promises to be another one of eating well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could make waffles! YUMMM!


mail me some??

Shirl said...

I thought you had a waffle maker.?

Anonymous said...

yeah apparently, it is el-cheapo, we can really only make crepes :( it has had a good life, but we will still be retiring it

also, my cooking lite came today, too!

-JK