Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2010

January Thaw

Today I wore a jacket without an overcoat. Geo wanted to ride down the interstate in our Subaru with the window open. If it is January in Vermont and the temperature is in the upper thirties with the sun shining - well, it feels almost balmy outside. A lot of that snow accumulation has already melted away.

Yesterday I stopped in at Gardener's Supply for their outlet clearance sale. I picked up a few things, including another string of solar lights for our tree in the front yard. On my way to the checkout counter, I noticed displays of seeds for 2010. Sunflowers! I picked up seeds of unusual varieties. Now that I have them, I will be planning for new flower gardens. January thaw is definitely giving me Spring fever.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: