Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2007

What I’ve Seen the Past Few Days

A red fox - Yes! Directly in front of our Kamp on the Lake.

A coconut curry potato crepe at the Skinny Pancake, not only seen, but
savored.

A Dunder Miflin bright blue t-shirt. A & J, you know I’d like one.

Archer Mayor AND Joyce Carole Oates, in person - what a literary treat!

My checkbook and a load of laundry at 4AM. (Me, needing to catch up on
household chores.)

A Bit of Trivia

Question: How did the Skinny Pancake get it’s name?
Answer: Seems that the restaurant was originally a Church St. pushcart business selling crepes. This was around the time of the start of the war in Iraq when the French were not very popular with Americans. French fries became the politically correct “freedom fries,” and the French crepe became the “skinny pancake.” When the restaurant opened at College and Lake, it was named the Skinny Pancake. And now you know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Mom. Thanks for talking with me the other night on the phone. Have fun at the museum today! Let me know when you are having PIZZA night! LOVE TO ALL! JK