Translate

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Vacation Days

Nice having time off. Tues, however, Geo needed oral surgery - he is recovering slowly and hopefully he'll be back to his ol’ self by next week.
I've been driving Addie back and forth from work - good spending time together that we would not otherwise have.
Yesterday was Kamp time. Phil came up for the day and put wheels on our foot valve (all you lake campers know what that means). Also did some painting (where are ya, Jenn, when I need ya?) and Phil rebuilt the pump cover. Super improvements. After driving him home, I returned to Kamp for an overnite.
Swimming was the best, water like velvet. After sundown I spent time with Benedict XVI’s book on Jesus. More about that later.
On Saturday the hours went by so quickly. I was determined to finish the book (I did), and delighted in the warm breeze off the Lake while relaxing on the deck. I still believe that Sept is the best laketime. As Mrs. Murphy would say, “The tourists are gone.”

No comments: