Translate

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Challenge

A new year, a time for new beginnings.
Addie picked up a copy of Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. She challenged me to read a chapter a day. Simple enough. I've taken her up on it. Today is chapter three: What Drives Your Life?
I've also picked up Covey's The Eighth Habit. Now Covey recommends a chapter a month of his book. The concepts are a bit more complex. It's interesting reading the two books simultaneously.
Today I'm off to Albany for a conference. I'm looking forward to few days change of pace. I'm taking along Rick Warren and Stephen Covey. Also Raymond Chandler. Away from the usual routine, maybe I'll get a little more reading accomplished.
Should be an easy pleasant drive. I hope the weather is cooperative.
An easy beginning to what promises to be a very busy month. More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I'll be happy and interested to hear about these habits. Lets work on some together.... no one is perfect but some are more perfect than others. LOVE YA peace jk.

ps.... you don't really need to work on anything, I love you just the way you are.

Shirl said...

Love you, too, kiddo.
Mom