Translate

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bon Jour, Addie K.

I just returned from taking Adriene to the airport. After a cancelled flight last night - due to fog - she is now en route to Paris. We are so eager to hear about her arrival, her new adventures and travels, and about the family with whom she is staying. I gave her all the motherly advice I could think of, but I forgot to remind her to keep a daily journal. Now she does not need all these motherly reminders, but I feel so much better when I give it my all imparting my wisdom.

Believe me, dear Adriene, you think you'll remember all the details of your trip, but 20 years from now -- No -- just one year from now, you will forget a lot. So use a blog, and/or a handwritten journal, and promise to record in it each day. I can't wait to see all your pix. Promise one for me at your favorite bridge!

Geo is at another winter sports weekend. He's supposed to snowshoe, but with our unseasonably warm weather, the snow has disappeared! Imagine that! for Jan. in VT. (Latest weather report has winter advisories, so snow is on the way!) So I hear he will go rock-climbing. Yes, you've heard it here, Geo is rock-climbing. Sean M. P., you may have another partner on your next adventure in Mexico!

Jenn is off to lunch with Becca (and friend), the last time they'll get togeher before the semester begins. Saw Becca yesterday - she looks terrific. So sorry we won't all be together for Superbowl, our neighborhood tradition. It may be a smaller group this year, with the girls off to college to get more knowledge.

On the stove at this very moment, homemade chicken soup ( complete with Kluski). Needs my attention. Gotta go, miss you, Addie K., with all our love.

No comments: