Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Hi, Judy, It's Me, Shirley"

I am having a great week. My friend Judy whom I haven't seen in over, ahem, 20 years has been traveling in New England with her sisters. They came to Vermont and Judy and I had the opportunity to see each other again.
Judy, you are as fun and fabulous as ever. Thanks for reminding me about the story of the new coat. I thought about it again today, and I just had to laugh out loud!
Your sisters are terrific. I enjoyed meeting them. I enjoyed "happy hour" at the hotel. I enjoyed seeing pix of your family and of the new home. I enjoyed our drizzly walk down Church Street and the seafood chowder at Rusty Scuffer. I enjoyed hearing people (all of you) who speak Wisconsin talk just like me. Thanks, girlfriend!
It's also been a great week because daughter Jenn has been home for a few days. Always great to get caught up on what's happening in her life, all she cares to share. And daughter Addie K reports an EXCELLENT weekend. Life is good!
Geo is heading to CT on a work assignment for a few days. (Don't tell him, but I'm having lobster when he's gone.) Prayers on the way for a successful outcome for his clients...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you emphasize 20 because I'm 20???

wondering,
Adriene

Anonymous said...

ahem.... "all she cares to share?" we had a fab weekend, went out to eat downtown, lots of sudexo, watched that movie Sabrina, made that death by chocolate dessert (which btw, my suite loved) etc! See you on thanksgiving! jk

Shirl said...

Addie K, I really was not thinking of You at the time I emphasized "20" years. It's just that it's hard to believe that so many years have gone by, hence - the emphasis.
I am looking forward to your 21st. That's a real milestone in life. I remember 21 as a good year. Where has the time gone?
Yeah, Jenn, we had a super weekend.So glad you were able to spend time with us. It was a slow relaxing time, but, yes, we did do a lot. Glad your suitemates enjoyed our chocolate turtle dessert with all the caramel and pecans.
Love to you both