Translate

Sunday, October 30, 2005

From Brooklyn to Baliwood

From Brooklyn to Baliwood, from Indian movies to Scandinavian furniture - these were topics of conversation at a delightful dinner at Barb and Jerry's.
Geo and I were invited for Saturday evening, along with Lucy to meet Nectar. Lucy and Nectar were in doggie heaven gnawing on huge bones most of the evening.
Geo said the dinner could not have been finer. How did Barb and Jerry know that lamb is his favorite? The entire meal could have been featured in the centerfold of Bon Apetite. I am not a great fan of lamb, but I must say, this was the best ever, accompanied by creamy orzo and an appetizer of homemade pesto with warm-from-the-oven bread. Wine selection was a Merlot. Fantastic finish to the meal was Barb's own apple pie served with cheddar cheese and Vanilla Ben and Jerry's. (Addie K, you'd have loved it!)
Thank you, Barb and Jerry!
Now it's on to Montreal with B & J, perhaps to the Museum of Modern Art, the tea salon, the Vietnamese restaurant on St. Denis, and - of course - the chocolate store, all recommended by "one who knows."
(Has anyone noticed that many of these posts feature food???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AH! I'm so jealous! I am getting so tired of eating food from alliot! I am thankful for how good it is and that I have food, but sometimes I just wish there was a little variety, or at the least, go out to a nice dinner....
ah well.

peace jk