Translate

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Up To My Neck

These are vacation days for me. I've been up at camp spending most of my time reading. These are the best days at camp. It's after Labor Day when the "tourists" are gone, the shore is quiet, the days are still sunny-warm.
From the weather reports, I knew yesterday would be my best final opportunity for the season. The water was clear and the lake temp was 69 degrees. I'm not one to suddenly plunge in; I got used to the water gradually, step by step. It was so very refreshing. I kept going into the waves until I was in up to my neck. And then I started to swim. It was Sept 7, the skies were blue, the sunlight was golden on the waters, and I was swimming in Lake Champlain.
Not only do I enjoy being in the water, but also breathing in the fresh lake air. I lingered on the shore last evening until the sun disappeared behind Woods Island. There was no place else I'd rather be on Sept 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad you finally took a vacation! It's been a long time coming..... enjoy! peace jk