Translate

Friday, May 14, 2021

Beginning Again

 

Spring blossoms in full bloom with a few buds

I've been feeling especially hopeful and very grateful.

For one, my most recent PET scan showed no cancer, and the Doctor made the decision to discontinue immunotherapy treatments and simply to monitor me every three months with CT scans. This is huge. Treatment was not only successful without serious negative side effects (for nearly 2 years!), but that it resulted in a complete response. I am praising God, thankful for the prayers and support of so many people and for the excellent care I've received from my medical team.

Then yesterday, the CDC advised that masks are generally no longer needed for those of us fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whoo-hoo!! There's a new sense of freedom being able to go about in a more "normal" kind of way, being able to interact with others and actually see smiles. 

And this is the time of year when the trees in our front yard are in full bloom with white and pink blossoms. To me this is the definite sign that - yes- Spring has truly arrived with the promise of long warm summer days ahead.

I've joined First Strides once again, the women's walk/run group that meets in our town. I've begun interval training with a goal of doing another 5K. As I look forward to this, I also look forward to other new adventures and achievements. 

I feel as if another new beginning has begun. I am ready for it. The best is yet to come.

No comments: