Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Canadian Studies

Living less than one hour from the Canadian border, I'll admit I've known very little about this huge country to the north of us. So last Fall, I signed up for a Canadian History class at the University of Vermont. My biggest surprise ~ from this class I learned a lot about United States history. The development of each of the two countries cannot be considered in isolation from one another; their histories are dynamically interrelated. This semester finds me in a second Canadian Studies class, Canadian-American Relations.

Last semester our class was fortunate to take a field trip to Ottawa. This semester it looks like we may be heading to Montreal. And what's this I hear about "curling" as a nonprofit fundraiser? We'll have an opportunity to learn curling and actually take to the ice?? From the classroom, to Montreal, to the ice arena, this class promises to be quite an adventure!

No comments: