Translate

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Legend and a Destination


Yep, that's the legendary Charlie Daniels at the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville, Tennessee. He is one dynamic performer, so I'm glad I was able to zoom in for a fairly good photo that was not one big blur!

The Presidents and Patriots Tour passed through Nashville and included the Opry as one of our events ~ a nice slice of Americana.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be in the audience in front of this famous stage. We were close up, great seats in the middle ~ or rather, I should say "pews" because that's what they were. The performances are on radio, so we heard all the commercials, as well. Any country musician could've been featured that night; we enjoyed one of the best.

Our hotel that evening was the Gaylord Opryland ~ a destination hotel, for sure. We stayed in one of the 2,881 rooms. The hotel comprises some 9 acres! There are 3 massive indoor atria with waterfalls, streams, fountains, bridges, and lush tropical plants and flowers. Gorgeous and amazing. I could've stayed there roaming around for several days. And of the eight hotels where we stayed during the trip, Opryland had the best pillows!

Okay, just one picture of the waterfalls:



After the show, back to the hotel, getting ready for the next day's adventure...

No comments: