Translate

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Out with the Old, in with the New


"Bye-bye" to the tattered old blue sofa. We loved you so.
Today we have a new addition to the living room. Our deep red microfiber sofa arrived to replace the old one.
I was reminiscing about good times and family memories attached to the one we had purchased in ’87. Geo says, “yeah, and the kids used to jump on it.”
“What?!! When they were little, they weren’t even allowed to SIT on it! When were they jumping on the couch?”
I suddenly felt the fresh pangs of a Mom whose kids were disobedient. Okay, that was many years ago, and the “kids”are now well into their twenties.
A and J, if you did jump on the couch when I wasn’t around, I’ll forgive you for that.
Now the only one I have to worry about jumping on the new sofa is our fur kid Lucy. Grrrrrr! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey MOM! this is a PUBLIC forum you know, maybe Adriene did but I never would ever ever be disobedient. never. JK