Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Think He's Hooked

Geo started listening to jazz. Maybe it began when we went to hear Dan Silverman on trombone at On the Rise. (Yes, the local Hinesburg bakery is one cozy jazz venue.) Or maybe it was the Diana Krall music he's been playing over and again since March. Anyway, this year we've actually been going to the Burlington jazz festival, not only for the sounds on Church St, but for 2 concerts -- Diana Krall was a real treat, and Branford Marsalis performs on Friday. Yesterday it was up close and personal with Luis Perdomo who shared about his beginnings in Venezuela, studies in NY, his gigs and his band.

Today I heard Count Basie emanating from Geo's PC. Seems he's discovered RTE radio Ireland that features an evening jazz show (early aft, our time). Kinda neat.

So today I bought Wynton Marsalis' book Moving to Higher Ground, all about Wynton's perspective on music. Okay, I really bought it for myself, however - Geo, I do promise to share.

No comments: