Translate

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Valentine Roses and More

Yesterday the Fedex guy pulled into our driveway, and no - he was not delivering another work assignment from Boston. This time it was a long box filled with 2 dozen roses from Geo. They are multi-colored, each one uniquely beautiful. Today they are just beginning to open and they are gorgeous. I asked why they came yesterday, and Geo said he couldn't wait, and he was assured that with good care, they would last through Feb 14. Thank you, Geo.

Geo said he was inspired to order them by something he read in the Wall Street Journal. You know, this is at least the second gift I know of that came to me through an inspiration from WSJ. The other was a hand-crafted cherry wood jewelry box. I say, let's renew that subscription!

I talked with Jenn yesterday. Over the holidays she learned to knit. When she went back to the residence hall, she taught her suitemates and even one of the guys to knit. Word has it that they are all making scarves for themselves and friends. Guess it's a relaxing thing to do when they're hanging out together. With all the different colors and textures of yarn, it can be addicting to start a project, then watch how it's turning out.

As for the new year reading, I've slowed up on Rick Warren's book, although I am about 2/3 through it with lots of underlining. I promise to finish it, Addie. Steve Covey's is a library book, which I've renewed. I'm more than 1/2 way through with sincere intentions to finish that one as well. Now I have to figure out how to knit and read at the same time. Maybe books on CD?

This morning I need to finish a report, then it's off to the hospital for my volunteer day. Geo has a Dr appt this aft, then it's phone calling for work this evening. For sure I will be taking time "to smell the roses."

Thank you again, Geo, and Happy Valentine's Day, with love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we got to talk on the phone yesterday. I miss you and Dad so much. Thanks for teaching me how to knit.... it's an excellent way to procrastinate productively.

Love, JK

Shirl said...

Productive procrastination - I love it. But knitting is also a de-stresssor. And what you produce is a hand-crafted creative work of art, unique in all the world.
If you would not have asked about it, I would not have started knitting again. So now I also am a productive procrastinator.
How is the new scarf working out?
I am almost finished productively procrastinating a black and white one to go with my black coat.

Shirl said...

My black and white procrastination project is complete. I'm wearing it later this aft.

Anonymous said...

I love my new scarf sooo much. sssshhh don't tell anyone but victoria is making one for her boyfriend jon for valentines day.... we are crafty and busy over here, always seeming to run to michaels.... peace j