Translate

Saturday, August 27, 2005

An Amazing Day...

...in Vermont today. Temp in the low 80s, sunny skies.

George is taking the ferry to NY state, having a picnic and seeing the musical Oklahoma. This is an event of the VT Blind and Visually Impaired group, and Geo is going along. Our contact with this group has been wonderful...more about that another time.
I hear Adriene is dropping an Impressionist class now to take it in Spring when she goes to Paris. Smart move. I'm eager to hear how all her classes are going, especially with all the major changes on campus this year.

Tonite is Jenna's second evening volunteering in Pediatrics. She needed an application with references, 2 orientations, 2 visits for a TB test and check, another visit to get her picture ID and a "shadow day" before they let her work. Anyone going through all that certainly shows commitment. Fletcher Allen has a top notch Peds Dept, so it should be one terrific experience for Jenn. Maybe someday we will have a child psychologist in the family.

Oh, one of my links did not work. I fixed the html, and now it's working great. More links to come.

Jenn, you were the very first to publish a comment. Thanks, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love working at the hosptial. I always have a great time and I feel that I am making a small difference in someone's life on a regular basis. It's nice to get away from the dorms and eat some non ALLIOT food sometimes too. The kids are really great though, and I am getting awesome at jenga.

JK