Translate

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Olives and Sundried Tomatoes and Feta

I was looking for a very different appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday. I found it on Pinterest: Baked Feta with Olives. I adapted the recipe posted by midwestfoodieblog.com.

Assemble the ingredients and the appetizer comes together in minutes. It bakes for 20 minutes.



Chopped parsley for garnish (Optional, but a nice addition)
1 cup pitted olives (I used ripe black olives)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
8 oz. feta cheese (mine was crumbled)
4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
1/3 scant cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. thyme
dash of black pepper

Spread feta in small baking dish. Top with olives, then sundried tomatoes.
Mix together the other 6 ingredients and pour over olive mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then for broil for 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley. 
Serve warm with crusty white bread. 

Three pieces of crusty bread on a plate and topped with olive, tomato, and feta mixture


Enjoy!

And please check out my newest blog Resolutions. Thank you!

4 comments:

L said...

This is making my mouth water!
Do I really have to wait until the next Super Bowl to try it??

Shirley said...

It's a super bowl of yummy. A good appetizer, I think especially for an Italian meal.

L said...

I made it when Amanda, Ben, and their two little ones were here! A big hit, except for Ben who picked off the olives!

Shirl said...

Lol. The olives are the best part! I am glad you tried it. I'm always looking for something new and easy, and often I make little changes in the recipes. (For this recipe, I think the original photo I saw for it was with green olives, but I used the black ones.)