Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Gazpacho!

I'm on lesson five of my online Spanish Cooking class. For this lesson I prepared Gazpacho. I was amazed how easy this was.

All the ingredients went into my blender for about a minute. That was it - the Gazpacho was ready to eat. I sampled some, then put the rest in the refrigerator because it is best when served very cold.








Here's the recipe I used:

1  can of whole organic tomatoes, 28 oz.
    (In season, I'd use about 10 fresh tomatoes.)
1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
8 large pitted olives (or more)
1/2 red onion, chopped

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until desired consistency. Serve cold.


This was the first time I've had Gazpacho. It is refreshing, nutritious, and a great appetizer or accompaniment for most any meal.

This recipe was added to my "go-to" list for quick and easy mealtime ideas. 

So now I'm thinking about summer and planting vegetables - a few tomato plants, cucumber, pepper plants, onion, and garlic. Without doubt - I'm calling it my "Gazpacho Garden." 

Update: I rediscovered this recipe. Yes, these are the veggies growing in my garden this summer! I'll be eager to make this again when the veggies are ready to harvest.

If you found me here, please check out my newest blog: Resolutions.
Thank you!

No comments: