Translate

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Squash Soup

I made Squash Soup today. It is so easy, quick, and so good, I thought I'd share.

I had one large acorn squash that I cut in half, seeded, and put into the microwave for about 10 minutes, until it was soft. I removed it from the skin and put the squash into a blender with 2 cups vegetable broth to puree it.

Next I heated the mixture on the stove and added a little salt and pepper, a generous dash of ground ginger, and a little ground nutmeg. Last of all, I stirred in about 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
I ladled the hot soup into bowls and garnished with a little more nutmeg and roasted squash seeds. (The squash seeds are definitely optional.)

Everyone in the family loved it. No leftovers!



It's the first time I made this, and I do hope to be making it again. 

  

No comments: