Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

New York City - Day 4

It's the final day of our tour. We took a little side trip to Hoboken, New Jersey to visit none other than Carlo's Bakery that is made widely famous by The Cake Boss TV series.





Because the kitchen is behind an open counter, we were able to see the employees busy at work.








.














Geo is saying, "I'll take that one!"


All the items in the display cases were so temptingly decorated. I knew it would be difficult to choose what I'd most enjoy, so I read a few reviews ahead of time. The "lobster tail" seemed to be very popular - pastry filled with a custard cream and flavored with Bailey's Irish Cream. That's what I had. YUM!


Geo selected the strawberry cheesecake.


I'm so glad we had the opportunity to visit this bakery.


Final stop on the tour was the New York Botanical Gardens. Actually there is a collection of 50 gardens here with at least a million living plants. Everyone said that the rose garden was a must-see, but with limited time we just did not make it there. I did, however, spend a lot of time with the orchids - my favorite flower.

The orchids are displayed behind glass in the entrance room of the library.


One flower is more beautiful than the other.









We came home with happy memories and a real appreciation for what we've seen and learned on our NYC tour.

NYC, we hope to visit you again sometime!



No comments: