Translate

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day Weekend in Portsmouth, NH

Father's Day was coming up and we were looking forward to seeing J & S again - and Saturday also happened to be the annual Market Square Day in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. So we drove down from Vermont.

We enjoyed a family dinner at a local Thai restaurant on a drizzly Friday evening. Saturday morning it was still raining a little when we ventured out to a farmers' market, just to see the local products.


I spotted a plant that I have growing in our garden at home. I've always called it an Angel's Trumpet. Now I know the official name: Datura Alba.



From the market we walked (in the rain) to downtown Portsmouth for Market Square Day;


Most of the action was taking place on Congress Street - exhibits and giveaways, food, and entertainment.

Some of the exhibitors were artisans selling their work. 
















        I liked the graphics on the tee-shirts.









We stopped at the Bakery Cafe.





 (Note the green "cooler" that guy is carrying - it's actually a radio that can be used as a cooler. It was one of the giveaways!)


Sunday turned out to be a perfect day for Wallis Beach.



 I love watching the waves crash on the rocks.

.





Portsmouth is becoming one of my favorite places!




No comments: