Translate

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Gardens of Greater Boston Tour - Day 3

It's the final day of our tour. Our first stop was one of the largest garden centers of New England - Russell's Garden Center in Wayland, MA. 

Refreshments were awaiting us when we arrived. 


("How do you like that hibiscus, Geo?")



I spent a lot of time looking at shade-loving perennials, but when I wandered into the area displaying indoor plants, that's what really grabbed my attention. Many of the plants looked quite exotic. The colors of the foliage were especially striking.




Wouldn't this one be a great painting?

The zebra plant is more common, but it's not often that I see one in bloom.

The bottom of our bus was beginning to load up with everyone's souvenirs!



Our final stop was the Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA.
There are eight different kind of gardens here, trails, and gorgeous views. It seems like any way you'd turn, you'd be surrounded by beauty.


I walked around these fields, just taking it all in.

We had lunch in an atrium with palm trees. Then we walked out into the formal gardens.


Here's one of my favorite flower photos:


And how about these daylilies:



Then I wandered into the vegetable garden. This could be anyone's garden, but growing here I saw the more unusual veggies, like black tomatoes and purple kale.
                        
 



Beyond the veggies was a brick walk that led to the arbors. I loved the views from here and took lots of photos from different directions.



One more photo before heading home!

"Thanks, Geo! We had a great time."

No comments: