Translate

Friday, February 04, 2011

My Day and Harry Bliss

This morning I did the laundry and ironed while keeping an eye on CNN for news about Egypt.

I spent the afternoon at an investment club educational meeting learning a little more about forecasting sales, earnings and PEs. (This was actually very interesting!)

Later Geo and I enjoyed a delightful dinner at Daily Planet ~ scallops for him and pork for me (it's usually the other way around ~ he loves pork, I love scallops).

Then we were off to an artist reception for Harry Bliss, a New Yorker cartoonist and children's book illustrator. (I've been aware of him since daughter Addie met with him for a school project years ago.) It was a treat to see his work and to hear him speak about it. He describes his cartooning as social commentary with fresh ideas to be shared with thousands.

Soooo, when I got home I found his website and subscribed to "a cartoon a day" delivered to my email inbox. (I'm looking forward to checking tomorrow's email!)

He is a remarkable talent, so I am sharing his website here. Enjoy!

www.harrybliss.com
 

No comments: