Translate

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Food Photography Class



     With Geo's encouragement, I took a food photography class. It certainly surpassed my expectations.

     The instructor was also a chef. He gave us basic photo-shoot tips. Then, while he prepared the food, we began snapping away.  I took about 200 pix with my Panasonic Lumix.

     The number one pointer he gave us was to get the light right, even before considering the food. Then try to take a picture from an angle that would show the food in a way that would not usually be seen.

     Someone asked, "How do you know if you have a good picture?" The instructor said, "If people ask questions about your photo, then you know you have a good one."

    For some reason, the three I've chosen to post are among my favorites. What do you think?


No comments: