Translate

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Olive Cheese Balls


A great appetizer!


Here's a recipe I resurrected from an old, yellowed, falling-apart Betty Crocker cookbook:
Olive Cheese Balls.


On paper towels, drain and dry about 40 pimiento-stuffed green olives. Mix 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheese with 1 and 1/4 cups flour.
Add 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine and knead thoroughly 
Take about a teaspoon of dough and wrap it around each olive, rolling it into a ball. (That's the fun part.) Place on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Cover and chill for at least one hour. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes.


The finished product! I'm serving them as an appetizer with our Easter ham dinner. Next time I'll add a dash of cayenne pepper. 


             Martini, anyone?



Update: I just re-discovered this recipe which I had forgotten. This is a unique appetizer that I'd like to make again!
Oh, and if you found me here, please check out my newest posts at: Resolutions. Thanks!

Enjoy the olive cheese balls!
 

No comments: