Translate

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Retirement Party

Or, maybe I should say Pre-retirement Send-off – I’m still on the job and counting down…

“Let me buy you a drink” after our team training session turned out to be one fantastic surprise party with our team from all parts of VT. Darlene – NOT in training- appeared from the far north, and Carla came bearing balloons and flowers from the far south. She even presented me with a hand-knit doll of ME at work – computer, badge and all. (Carla, the only thing you left out was that mug of coffee that keeps me motivating!)

It was a fab party – I’m still psyched about it two days later. I never had a party like that (but then I never retired before!). We had beverages and non-stop appetizers all evening long. To have my teammates Carla and Maxine together with all of us – AND – the big boss from Boston to party, well, it was beyond amazing. I had a really great time. I will miss you guys, you’re the BEST!

Cyndy, a huge thanks to you and to co-conspirators Deb and Carole for putting all this together, and for the Beeauutiful card and verse – the orchid is my favorite flower, how did you know??

Hugs to all of you!

No comments: