Translate

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bisquick Apple Cake

“Mom, I have such wonderful memories of all the good holiday meals you cooked when we were growing up,” Jenn said to me one day.

“Really?” I asked. “And what did you like best?”

“Those Bisquick rolls. You made them every holiday.”

Bisquick! I had expected her to say the delicious aroma of ham baking in the oven, or the roast turkey with homemade stuffing, or even the heaping mounds of buttery mashed potatoes she loves so much. But, no, Bisquick.

I have to admit I am a fan of Bisquick. It’s just fun to use. (Did I really make Biquick rolls EVERY holiday??)

Well, here’s a new Bisquick recipe I tried for the first time. Quick and fun Bisquick Apple Cake:

Mix together 2 Cups of Bisquick, 2/3 cup milk, one egg, 2 Tbls sugar, AND one can of apple pie filling. Pour into greased pan and top with a blend of 1/3 cup Bisquick, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 2 Tbls butter. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until done. Serve ala mode or topped with whipped cream.

Okay, now, for Valentine's Day I'll make this with Cherry pie filling, and for Easter I'll use pineapple pie filling, and for Thanksgiving - how about pumpkin pie filling, and...

No comments: