Translate

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Empty Nest

Exciting times here. Jenn very recently arrived home from her service trip to Calcutta. Addie, after a full semester in Paris - and traveling to London and Dublin, is now en route to Buffalo, NY via Canada until the beginning of senior year.

Saying "Good-bye" to Addie last night, I felt a little like I did when I put her on the schoolbus for her first day of kindergarten. She was leaving my world to enter a new world of her own.

Addie and Jenn have changed and matured so very much during their intercontinental trips. I admit I still feel very protective of them, but as they are venturing out on their own, I am assured that I not only have two very talented and caring daughters, I feel like I have two new "best friends."

"Welcome home, Jenn," and "My thoughts and prayers are with you, Addie, for more new adventurous beginnings!" Love, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you mom, you're a sweetheart. LOVE jenna rose